Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Speak with the Trump of God

One of my all time favorite scriptures in the book of mormon is Alma Chapter 29 verses 1-3.
1. O that i were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that i might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
2. Yea, i would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
3. But behold, i am a man, and do sin in my wish; for i ought to be content with the things which the lord hath allotted unto me.

  I find my self in the shoes of alma quite often.  I wish that i could speak with the trump of God to declare the wonderful message of the plan of happiness and salvation. I wish that i could speak word of the lord in a way that would pierce the very soul of every man. But, behold i am a man, and do sin in my wish; and i should be content with the things the lord has given me. Im so thankful for the oporitunity to be here on a mission serving the lord 100% of the time. He has blessed me with the ability to speak and teach the message of love for every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment