Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

How To Gain A Testimony

As we go through life we gain experience and learn how to do things. Some one might learn how to paint, or build cars, or teach. We were all given the freedom to choose, or as we know, agency. We make choices that always bring a consequence weather good or bad. But the question that intrigues me the most is "How do you know?" That brings another question to mind....
How does one personally gain a testimony? Well, I think a better way to start this out would be to know what exactly a testimony is.... A testimony ( according to dictionary.com ) is evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.
People often ask missionaries how we "know", i came across a scripture the other day while reading in the doctrine and covenants stating....
D+C 46:13-14
 13To some it is given by the Holy Ghost  to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he was crucified for the sins of the world.
 14To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful.
I know that the book of Mormon is the word of God, because i have received that spiritual witness by the holy ghost. Yes, i didn't "know" for a long time if the book of Mormon was true. I built my testimony and faith on the faith of my parents. But now i know for my self that it is true, because i have read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. I know that He Lives!! For i have felt his love and guidance in my life. I wouldn't be any where with out my savior and Redeemer. That is my testimony and invitation to you to read and pray about the book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment